Welcome to aurora.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the aurora community.

AGA Virginia Breeders Classic SHOW & AUCTION

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by small_ranchu, Jul 14, 2014.

1. small_ranchu

small_ranchu Admin Staff Member

Date Time: Saturday, October 18th, 2014.

Burnette Hall Room 253
    1651 East Parham Rd
    Richmond, VA 23228

Set up will begin Friday 5pm, October 17, 2014.

Benching will be between 8:00am and 10:00am Saturday

Judging will between 12:00pm and 2:00pm Saturday (please avoid the areas where the judges are judging during this time). All fish will be placed in individual tanks or bowls.

Auction will begin at 4:00pm Saturday. This will be a cash only auction (ATM on site).

Registration Information: Email the Show Chair at bkrhodesva@aol.com with questions and to request your Entry From. Pre-registration is required and must be emailed or mailed to the Show Chair no later than midnight (12:00am EST) Weds, October 15th, 2014. No day of show entries please.

PayPal payments are accepted please include a $6.00 PayPal processing fee or send payment as a gift to avoid the fee. PayPal payments need to be sent to bkrhodesva@aol.com. Make checks payable to

Bryan Rhodes. All fees must be mailed to: Bryan Rhodes 8600 Pennsbury PL APT #2 Henrico, VA 23294

and received no later than Weds, October 15th, 2014. Entry Fees: Registration $5.00 per fish.

Auction Information: You will be able to place any of your fish in the auction following the show.

Please indicate on your entry form that you wish to have your fish in the auction. You may also send fish to be placed only in the auction. Please indicate these fish on your entry form as well the bag

if shipped (mark them with AO on the entry form and bag) so that we may track these fish with the others. All proceeds from the auction will be split 50/50. Any fish shipped to the show that does not include return shipping will not be returned to the entrant but considered a donation to the MGC or
    any fish left behind will be considered a donation to club and will sold at auction or given away.

Hotel Information:
    Sleep Inn, 950 East Parham Road, Richmond, VA 23228 (804) 515-7800

2. bkrhodesva

bkrhodesva Professional Breeder

3. smark88

smark88 New Member

Super excited about this show!

4. bkrhodesva

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 28, 2014
  5. GivenGold

GivenGold Active Member

Wish I can go T_T

6. bkrhodesva

People,
    Would anyone be interested in giving a talk about a goldfish topic (of their choice) the Saturday afternoon of the goldfish show?
    Bryan

7. Cincy Ranchu

Cincy Ranchu Professional Breeder

Happy to

Willing and have a nice one, do you have access to a power point projector

8. Bjorn

Bjorn fish 4 life

So can I bring and show some fish too? I am from West Virginia.
    Also, where can I find information on about what to bring and how to enter a fish? Can more than one fish be entered? What are the categories?
    So excited!

9. bkrhodesva

yes we have a Power Point projector,
    Bryan

10. TheTruth

TheTruth Professional Breeder

last show

what about the results of the last 2 aga shows,would like to see pics. of winners

11. bigbettadan

bigbettadan Professional Breeder Staff Member

You saw the on the AGA reminder thread in the goldfish conversation section. They are also on the AGA site.

Dan

12. bkrhodesva

People have been asking what fish are people planning on bringing to the auction, any info would be appreciated!

13. Tedster

Tedster Breeder

Any idea how many people will be attending this event? I'm from Burlington, Ontario Canada and am planning to be at the show. I am in the process of booking flights and hotel rooms. I understand that Gary Hater will be doing a presentation. If needed, I can also speak to goldfish keeping in Canada. Let me know if you want help with anything. Look forward to meeting everyone at the show.

Ted Tai

14. Virginia ranchu

Virginia ranchu Professional Breeder

I have quite a few azumanishiki tosai that I will be bringing. I also have a few ranchu

Rob

15. bigbettadan

bigbettadan Professional Breeder Staff Member

I know Harrison Storm is driving from Indy for the event. So he and Gary will represent the the midwest group. Fred is Judging.

Dan

16. Cincy Ranchu

fish for auction

I am planning on donating some fish for the auction; Bristols, purple telescopes,
    I am pretty open as the profits will support Bryans' new show place and hopefully an annual show.

What do you want? Maybe I can make it happen?

17. Cincy Ranchu

The Tedster Talk

Ted is trying to come down and have a talk also, this is marvelous as he is famous for his work with Jikin, pearlscales and tosakins.... MUCH FUN!:exact::bounce:

18. Tedster

Tedster Breeder

Thanks for the kind words Gary. I'm just a simple goldfish hobbyist/breeder in Canada. You on the other hand are the goldfish guru in the U.S. :worship:

Ted

19. rivyrofgold

rivyrofgold goldfish student

Ted!

When it comes closer to show time, and I'm positive I'll be attending, what can I do to get you to bring me some young crownless pearls for my breeding goals ;) I'm on a serious mission to develop a line of dragon balls! I really really hope nothing gets in the way of my attending! I had so much fun in Anderson!

20. Amy S

Amy S Professional Breeder

Looks like I will be sending some moors to the show and sale.....only wish I could attend. Someone needs to promise to keep an eye out for a couple of calico telescopes/ butterflies for me!