Welcome to aurora.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the aurora community.

AGA Virginia Breeders Classic SHOW & AUCTION

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by small_ranchu, Jul 14, 2014.

1. small_ranchu

small_ranchu Admin Staff Member

Anybody attending ? :)

2. Ranchutoo

Ranchutoo Active Member

Definitely Attending

I'm there to learn and, if lucky, will want to bring back some ranchu to kick-stock my breeding and grooming program. Am setting up several tanks right now, with seasoned water and sponge filters. Need to find some nice fish now.

For those arriving the evening before, I'm game for bringing in refreshments, once I learn what people consume. Beer; wine; others? Moonshine? I'll plan to bring some snack dips to keep us going. Should be a happy welcome party. Let me know and I'll raid the cellar when the spouse is looking the other way... :):bounce: REMEMBER: No alcoholic beverages on the campus ~ but the hotel's a little more liberal...

3. bkrhodesva

bkrhodesva Professional Breeder

I have had 10 hardcore breeders/hobbyist confirm they are coming, so we are going to have a good crowd I think.

4. Cincy Ranchu

Cincy Ranchu Professional Breeder

The Trophies

There are five major awards. One is the AGA award, which is this very cool medal, the other four are baskets of fish food and supplies. We tried this in Indiana this year and people really liked it because it is functional. The food has been selected from Ken's fish and it came yesterday. Pretty nice stuff, since the show is split into >3" and <3" for all the varieties it shoold allow folks with young fish or a small set a chance to win a pretty nice prize....

See you all there!

5. bkrhodesva

People,
    Two weeks to go, get your entries in! email me,
    Bryan

6. small_ranchu

Here is a copy of entry form.. Hope to see you all.. :)

Attached Files:

7. Virginia ranchu

Virginia ranchu Professional Breeder

I noticed that the entry form has an "Auction or Auction only" column. If we are bringing fish to the show/auction, but not shipping, is it necessary to preregister all "auction only" fish? My hope was to bag auction only fish in small groups, but I am not certain how many separate groups there would be or how many fish per bag. Would it be okay to submit the auction list the day of the event?

thanks,
    Rob

8. Cincy Ranchu

yes

That is fine, program is designed fr a betta club where there may be 200 entries.

9. Cincy Ranchu

Auction

Even if you are not exhibiting the auction will have purple tescopes, OKS Ranchu (CBR), modern Bristols and a few orandas. It should be an inexpensive way to pick up a line:exact:

10. bkrhodesva

only a a few days left get your entries in!
    Bryan

11. Cincy Ranchu

Many thanks

Harrison and Jenny Storm picked up the tanks and prizes on Saturday!

A box of fish for the auction arrived last Friday; purple telescopes, Bristols, TVR - CBR, and Orandas

12. bkrhodesva

Amy has sent some broadtail Mores for the show, and they will be in the auction as well.

13. bkrhodesva

I will also have some telescope/fantail albinos for someone to pickup

14. small_ranchu

on my way.. see you guys..

15. small_ranchu

Show preparation .. uploadfromtaptalk1413585172241.jpg

16. bkrhodesva

17. junluk06

junluk06 Professional Breeder

18. High Ranchu

High Ranchu Professional Breeder

It was a fun day!! Thanks to everyone who put their effort and time to make it happen!!!!
    :worship:

19. Tedster

Tedster Breeder

It was great finally meeting some folks in person and putting faces to the names.

Great job organizing the event Bryan!

Cheers!

Ted

20. Ranchutoo

Ranchutoo Active Member

Thanks all around!

Thanks also to Fred ~ both for judging and for sharing his learnings from his goldfish sensei. What a tremendous resource!

Gary ~ for your superb presentation and for answering questions with such patience and care; you've probably answered these same questions a thousand times for another thousand initiates. Thanks also for the recipe for pear martinis.;)

Brian ~ for such a great facility, the many hours you devoted to setting this up, and handling all the logistics, right down to receiving and caring for fish that were shipped to you. AND, for recruiting several of us to join the AGA.

Ted ~ for driving all 11 hours from Toronto to share time with us.

Harris ~ who drove just as far from Indiana to judge, share thoughtful critiques, and transport all those show tanks for the fledgling show.

To those who contributed fish for the auction ~ Gary, Rob, Brian and, most notably, Amy, who shipped such beautiful English Broadtail Moors for both the show and the auction.

I know I've missed lots of great people...

So many beautiful fish. And so many people new to the hobby who got a wonderful start with beautiful lines. Note: Through the auction, a couple of exhibitors who started and exhibited Petsmart goldfish at the show now have high-quality, well-bred fish to groom and breed for next year's show.

Kudos. Although this was my first fish show, ever, I'm now looking forward to the next show.