Welcome to aurora.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the aurora community.

All Thailand Goldfish Show 2017

Discussion in 'Goldfish Video' started by KimA., Nov 20, 2017.

1. KimA.

KimA. Well-Known Member

I'm always amazed at how large the Ranchu get!

nolaveils likes this.
  2. nygold

nygold Well-Known Member

Great post, REAL show quality Goldies.

KimA. likes this.
  3. JEM Fish

JEM Fish Active Member

Man I want my Ranchu to grow that big! Absolutely gorgeous fish!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

KimA. likes this.
  4. Ann

Ann Active Member

Very good video, but am I the only one that feels sorry for some of these fish? They sure look like they would have a very hard time swimming. This is just my opinion, but I don't like it when people mess with a species to make it look different, in the hopes of making more money. I love goldfish, but fantails are as fancy as I get.

5. calicomj

calicomj Well-Known Member

Some of the super mutated fish can't swim well but most seem to do fine. I don't like the super overdone Ryukins with their faces sticking upwards and their humps ultra huge... But it's all down to preference. Most people here don't have these Thai grade fish anyway so it's always nice to get to see them.

But many at the shows don't do well. Same as here. Many fish were on the bottom not moving. The camera guy was quick to pass them but I don't believe in that. If the fish can't swim or is too stressed to show, I don't believe they should show. I've brought two boys to shows, neither one sat on the bottom or appeared sick.

They're from a pond so I put them in a display tank to "show prep". Any fish that seems scared or anything isn't brought to a show. It isn't worth their happiness. And fish on the bottom or hiding in a back corner should be DQ IMO.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2017 at 8:55 PM
    Ann likes this.