Welcome to aurora.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the aurora community.

Bottom sitter/Inactive fish

Discussion in 'Goldfish Video' started by calicomj, Sep 28, 2017.

1. calicomj

calicomj Well-Known Member

August 17th

Today

Photos are July when I first got them. He was on the bottom when I got him and he's still a bottom lurker and just not a strong boy. Both Crescendo and Lorenzo were close to the same size when I got them. But Lorenzo the strong boy has way outgrown Crescendo now.

Crescendo has always been wonky. He's got a huge and totally fused tail, sort of buggy eyes, and his body isn't well built. I still love him but I'm not sure how he will fare in the long run. He eats and everything, he's just not a strong fish. Never has been probably never will be.

GEDC0282_zpsbljyr53q.jpg large.GEDC0637.JPG.8dc05cc40273a8f0b1816be8e30b17be.JPG

2. Breann Thurman

Breann Thurman Well-Known Member

Beautiful colors on the middle fish.

3. calicomj

The middle fish in the last photo? That's the weakling in the videos lol. Crescendo.

4. Breann Thurman

Breann Thurman Well-Known Member

Looks healthy. May have a swim bladder issues if his bottom sitting. My female butterfly telescope isn't all that active either but she is blind. I'm honestly considering not breeding her now.

5. calicomj

Yup. I don't mind getting little bottom sitters. Usually they come off the bottom in some clean water and do fine. But this one never did. He eats and seems otherwise fine, he just sits on the bottom a lot and swims weakly. And I have two blind fish. One is sorta inactive and just constantly scours the bottom of the pond for food. The other is insanely active and dashes around with the others and pushes his way to food when he smells it. My moor can see well enough to compete with the others normally.

6. alorindanya12

alorindanya12 Active Member

I am also having a butterfly telescope bottom sit and am looking for answers. No outter signs and poop in the whole tank has been white and stringy (but this bottom sitting fish I never catch pooping, so I have no idea if she is being affected by the same thing as the other fish). Feeding Focus/Metroplex/Kanaplex for the last week. I stopped treating the water with the meds about 2 days in since I am running now and it is a 75 gallon tank (4 fish). The fish that is bottom sitting in the one in my profile picture.

7. calicomj

Hello. My fish swims when he wants to and he's not sick whatsoever. He eats and poops normally. He's just lazy and has a heavy tail and poor body form and probably a swim bladder issue of some sort. I suggest you post a thread in the disease section.