Welcome to aurora.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the aurora community.

Coming Back

Discussion in 'Goldfish VS Plant' started by copnkilt, Feb 4, 2016.

1. copnkilt

copnkilt Active Member

Hey fellow goldfish keepers. I haven't been on the forum in ages. I am glad to see it is still alive and kicking. Starting my goldfish tank back up after buying a home and moving. Had to sell a couple of tanks before we moved but kept the 125 uniquarium which now sits proudly in the entrance hallway of our home. Gave away all the fish I had before the move, so starting from fresh. The tank has been actually up and running for the past 11 months with just some Amazon swords. Now that we are settled, I have some major maintenance to do on the tank. Due to no maintenance, except water top offs, for the past 11 months, my ph has dropped to 6.0. Nothing a water change shouldn't fix as well as some major trimming of the swords. Ammonia and Nitrites are at 0ppm. Gh and Kh are currently above 200 ppm. Like i said a major water change is due. Tank has Flourite as substrate, and for filtration has 2 large sponge filters in the tank. The back of the tank filter area has 3 chambers filled with 1 gallon of Pond Matrix. Plans are to add a heater to one chamber to bump up the water temps, and my bulbs are due for a change as well (currently has 1 48" daylight T5HO and 1 48" pink T5HO bulb). Looking forward to interacting with you all again

.[​IMG]

2. Lou

Lou Well-Known Member

Very nice plants. Do you inject CO2?

3. copnkilt

copnkilt Active Member

No CO2 injection at all Lou, just the Flourite substrate and Seachem Flourish. Thank you for the compliment.

Fishheadz likes this.