Welcome to aurora.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the aurora community.

Either of these males worthy of breeding?

Discussion in 'Goldfish Judging' started by Scottosan, Jul 14, 2016.

1. Scottosan

Scottosan Active Member

Either of these males worthy of breeding after they get older? Sorry for the poor lighting and angles.

Attached Files:

• fish.jpg
      fish.jpg
      File size:
      374.5 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2016
    glabratum likes this.
  2. WVfishguy

WVfishguy Active Member

How old are they? Is the half-black one fully decolored? The one on the top right looks like it has a not so perfect dorsal fin, which means I would not breed it. But I like the color of the half black, but I doubt you could pass it on. I hope I'm wrong!

3. beerbladder

beerbladder Active Member

I like the orange one the best.

4. Knet Into Php

Knet Into Php Member

Hi

Nice Apache Oranda(Gold and Black); It's okay for me to breed the Apache as long as it would be paired with a more fancier type goldfish, specifically a female black oranda. note that in breeding Apache Orandas, it's more preferable not to pair it with a female apache oranda.It would end up with All golden orandas.

5. joe

joe Well-Known Member

structurally these are nice fish though I doubt their color will remain. If you breed them breed them back to a sibling fish. If you breed to unrelated fish initially the first generation of fish will be poor

6. sskmaestro

sskmaestro Member

The first generation is always a surprise in store thing.
    Breed with both the males in different times and see what’s they have in their gene pool.

If you are really sure of the line of the fish, choose to selective-breeding. Good luck!

7. nygold

nygold Well-Known Member

How's the female?

8. afnaveils

afnaveils Goldfish breeder

I would try to reproduce the yellow and black with a proper female. The question is what would a proper female be? A black oranda or yellow /black one? The other male will probably turn all white. If you're curious, hand spawn separately with both males.
    The yellow /black male has better conformation though.

9. nygold

nygold Well-Known Member

From the pictures I would say the black and bellow Oranda is the better of the 2 fish, BUT that's only judging from a picture.
    Like "Afnaveils" said you would also need a good female. I would go with an all black female if I couldn't find a black and yellow one.
    An orange female and a black & yellow male might just make a mess. Good luck