Welcome to aurora.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the aurora community.

Food for thought ?

Discussion in 'Goldfish Food' started by kitkat12, Sep 21, 2015.

1. kitkat12

kitkat12 Member

Ok I do feed my goldies canned deskinned peas like 3x's a week, I have no swim bladder/floaty issues. However I do have a huge problem...I personally HATE peas! The smell of them even makes me want to throw up (go ahead and laugh picturing it, although it's really not funny to me), and standing there slicing open the skins and popping out the peas is extremely unpleasant for me. The peas not used don't go to waist as my mom loves them. So the question is can I buy dried split peas and soak them to feed my fancies? Thanks again.

2. *Ci*

*Ci* Goldie Guru

Use frozen and don't defrost (I don't like the smell of peas either). Way easier than prepping dried. Some people say you have to shell them but I have never had a problem throwing them in whole just squishing them a little - the fish seem to eat the skins fine.

3. chocky

chocky Well-Known Member

Mind you your gf are huge

They pop out rather easily after you cook them in hot water/microwave them

4. kitkat12

kitkat12 Member

Ci to my rescue! LOL Ok I'll try the frozen. My three huge ones could probably do the skins on but not the rest of them, already know as I had a part of a couple skins that I missed and had to fish out with the net. I thought about pureeing them and mixing with plain unflavored gelatin, but I would have to deal with the smell again LOL. Thanks again.