Welcome to aurora.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the aurora community.

goldfish for a good cause

Discussion in 'Goldfish VS Plant' started by bluebelly, Nov 15, 2014.

1. bluebelly

bluebelly Ambassador

My home away from home! My job is to fill 11,000 sq ft with fish to grow plantsfor a non profit and create jobs in the community..
    The cement floor side is air and floor heated, gravel side is air heated. in ground vats receives drain water and a computer analyses and adds proper nutrients to distribute back to the plants. Auto changer adds fresh water to tanks.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 15, 2014
  2. bluebelly

bluebelly Ambassador

more inof.

A windfall of 350 apple crates to work with. A single crate is 46x46x36 or 38x38x24, I cut them in half, double them and make 6x3x1 ponds or put 6 of the bigger ones together to make 24 ft by 4ft by 3ft.

Attached Files:

3. Cincy Ranchu

Cincy Ranchu Professional Breeder

pretty cool

I have to say it is a pretty cool project:exact::-*

4. bluebelly

bluebelly Ambassador

more information

More photos of the pond and aquarium area, 50 gallon tanks will line the wall for daphne and the cement floor area for some tropicals, and goldfish. The gravel floor area will be for an assortment of wildlife. A second green house is in the works and a 70x 30 cold frame is being finished now.

Attached Files:

5. TVRfan

TVRfan Professional Breeder

Awesome bluebelly! What a job! Keep up the good work and keep us posted!:worship::exact:>:D<>:D<

6. danarea

danarea goldiefanatic

So awesome!

7. High Ranchu

High Ranchu Professional Breeder

The amount of work and thought that is going into this project must be tremendous! Can't wait to see how it all will come to work together and David biting into tomato grown there for the first time.

8. bluebelly

bluebelly Ambassador

storm doors=first spawn

Were installed between the inside sections of the green house. One side for lettuce will remain in the 60's the other will be heated to 78/79/. As soon as the doors were installed the goldfish started to warm to the low 70's by 2 pm. I saw chasing and set up for a spawn. The first spawn were red veils. I will raise the fry at home for three weeks then return them to the green house. I now have chasing of my single tail veil red bluebellys.

9. Fishheadz

Fishheadz Well-Known Member

AWESOMENESS! ~ I love this forum!
    :eek:mg:

10. bluebelly

bluebelly Ambassador

what goes up must come down

The 2100 sq ft cold frame poly house,( not pictured) came down during the night under the weight of three feet of snow. No injuries to man or fish. The heating element was not installed yet, to melt the roof snow. Kaboom. Start all over. The 11,000 heated green house is fine, that is where all the fish are at. Poly house is where I was going to winter some in about two weeks. Oh well.

11. TVRfan

TVRfan Professional Breeder

Bluebelly, sorry to hear about the set back. Glad to hear no injury to man or fish. Brings back memories (decades ago) when I was out in an unheated hoop house with a push broom to dislodge twelve inches of snow to keep the hoops from collapsing. Of course, here in Southeastern Va. we close the schools if we get an inch of snow! Twelve inches for us is a big deal that comes around every twenty years or so. Three feet is a LOAD!

12. danarea

danarea goldiefanatic

Well that just SUCKS it, doesn't it? Glad no living things were harmed! Stupid Mother Nature!

13. Ichthius

Ichthius Professional Breeder

I use this quote to keep me going during these times.

"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm."
    - Winston Churchill

14. chocky

chocky Well-Known Member

I'm glad I don't have to worry about snow :)
    Sure life is less colourful but easier for keeping gf I guess hehe