Welcome to aurora.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the aurora community.

Help ID

Discussion in 'New Members' Area' started by Zach, Nov 13, 2017.

1. Zach

Zach Member

My ranchu has these white pimple like things on the face. This goldfish does not show signs of trouble or refuse to eat. Does not want to be alone or away from the others in the tank. ( red capped Oranada, Ryukins, Bubble eye, Butterfly calico oranda) and the rest do not show any signs of problems or this issue. Had a prevoius ranchu with this problem and after months on months of treating and trying to help with no signs of improvements but rather start flashing and separated itself from the other I ended up removing that one and now this ranchu has these white things that I can't identify. Have read many things tryin to figure it out but this site had a prevoius thread with a black ranchu and smiliar issues and something about extra blood cells and other non fungus growth.. 20171113_095726.jpg IMG_20171112_151944_029.jpg 20171113_095954.jpg 20171113_100058.jpg

2. Zach

Zach Member

Also I some how feel it just affects the ranchu style as I mention and i I have another tank with five younger ranchu with no issues. Plan would be they meet in the summer holding pond but i I don't wanna spread the problem

3. calicomj

calicomj Well-Known Member

I see red bits underneath the white bits. This usually spells trouble. Has this fish had any antiparasitic medications? If so, which ones, how were they dosed, and when?

I say this because I have a few fish with wens and when summer sprang and I began to see a bit of flashing, a few of them had these little bits. A bit of Prazi and they were all totally fine after a bit.

4. Zach

Zach Member

No flashing yet, I was using Melafix and primafix with everywater change but never rid it just kept it down but I stop one month ago. But i will try to get my hands on some Prazi