Welcome to aurora.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the aurora community.

Hi all Gold lovers :)

Discussion in 'New Members' Area' started by pritish1, Jan 24, 2016.

1. pritish1

pritish1 Active Member

Hi everyone feeling nice to join all like minded gold lovers. Hope to learn a lot new things in here and share my aquarium experience. You can watch my videos on youtube also search for pritish pande.

CaliGold likes this.
  2. Iaidoka

Iaidoka Well-Known Member

Welcome Pritish, You have some nice fishy friends, the white and black one is that a Ryukin or Fantail?
    Is that a pangasius catfish you have in their with the goldies?

3. pritish1

pritish1 Active Member

Hi laidoka, the white and black you mean the colorful one right, they are fantail calicos, and yes they are pangasius catfish with goldies.

4. Iaidoka

I suppose you will have to move the catfish at a later date, your water is also crystal clear, how many water changes do you do per week?

5. pritish1

pritish1 Active Member

Yes in next 1-2 years i will have to move them to a new bigger tank, i do weekly 50-60% water change with well water and now i have removed that sobo internal power filter that u see in first 2 videos and replaced it with sunsun hw 302 canister filter and also removed the substrate to make my tank bare bottom and diy painted it black and blue will upload the new video soon.

6. Iaidoka

Yea I am also opting for a canister filter, although I do two water changes per week 30% % 70% I am still wondering if a canister is worth the cost.

7. pritish1

pritish1 Active Member

Yes canister filter are way too much efficient than internal power filter as the waste gets accumulated outside tank and they carry a lot more physical and bio media i opted for sunsun brand as its way too cheaper than other brands and works very efficiently and it cleans all the water in just 1 hour all the muck that my goldfish creates goes inside it and my water looks fresh.

8. GoldenMcNewbie

GoldenMcNewbie Well-Known Member

There is no such thing as a "too efficient" filter. Unless you mean't to say something else..

9. pritish1

pritish1 Active Member

Hi goldenmcnewbie i was comparing canister filter with internal power filter thats why i said so.

10. shakaho

shakaho Well-Known Member

He meant "way more efficient."

pritish1 likes this.