Welcome to aurora.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the aurora community.

Hoping to bring these home

Discussion in 'Goldfish Conversation' started by walker, Jan 27, 2016.

1. walker

walker New Member

They are being advertised locally including their tank but I think I may be able to get them without spending money on a 28 litre tank I don't need. They will go into a quarantine tank first which is about 80 litres, still small but better than they are in now. From there they will go into one of my bigger display tanks in a month or so as long as they have a clean bill of health. I don't normally do 'rescues' but these just stole my heart. I am speaking to the owner in about an hour, wish me luck x
    [​IMG] T

TwistedNerve likes this.
  2. Iaidoka

Iaidoka Well-Known Member

Fantails or Veiltails?

3. CaliGold

CaliGold Well-Known Member

Probably fantails, by the forking in the caudal lobes. To my knowledge, veiltails are supposed to have no forking whatsoever in the caudal lobes. It's just a straight edge, more or less. But they could always be some kind of mix, too! :)

Good luck @walker!

shakaho and Joshua's golds like this.
  4. walker

walker New Member

I have collected them and they are lovely. They are fantails but with long fins, very pretty. The previous owner was trying her best but like lots of people had been given misinformation by her local shop, regarding how much room goldfish need. I have left them in the dark until tomorrow but I will post photos of them soon.

Joshua's golds and CaliGold like this.