Welcome to aurora.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the aurora community.

how to develop a thick peduncle in TVR

Discussion in 'American Ranchu Society' started by cesar taira, Mar 29, 2017.

1. cesar taira

cesar taira New Member

Nice to meet you all !!!... I am new here in the forum... and I want to know if, is it possible to develop a thick peduncle at BBR stage, by a breed method or it is a genetic matter?... and one more question, is it possible to obtain good form fish if parents are not so good quality ranchu ( in the case, the bloodline is good)?
    Thank you in advance for your answer... and sorry about my english.. I am not english speaker.

2. GlassGoldfish

GlassGoldfish sculpting ranchu daily Staff Member

This is a really big question. Developing thick peduncle on Japanese ranchu is a big challenge. There are many factors that contribute to thick peduncle. The fry must be cared for at a very advanced level for the bbr to develop thick peduncle. Also, the parent ranchu must have the correct form. The bbr must have the correct genetic background, be properly raised from day 1 and also have a lot of room to swim around constantly.

Yes, it may be possible to obtain decent quality bbr from not-so-good parents, but it is a difficult road. Also must consider for how many generations the parents have been not-so-good quality. If it is just one generation, then you may have some luck. If it is 2 generations removed from good quality it will be much more difficult. Do you have some pictures or video of the parent ranchu you are wanting to breed?

most kindly,
    Jeff

3. cesar taira

cesar taira New Member

Thank you for your answer.... Unfortunately ... I do not have any photo of the parents... I just buy some ranchu that i am planning to use as reproductors in the future.
    tvr3.jpg tvr2.jpg

4. cesar taira

cesar taira New Member

this is side view
    tvr3 side.jpg tvr side.jpg

5. GlassGoldfish

GlassGoldfish sculpting ranchu daily Staff Member

I think you can make some good quality bbr with ranchu like that

6. cesar taira

cesar taira New Member

THANK YOU!!!..... I will try next year!!!