Welcome to aurora.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the aurora community.

Importing

Discussion in 'Goldfish Conversation' started by Rabbit229, Oct 8, 2015.

1. Rabbit229

Rabbit229 Active Member

I'm interested in importing some fish from China to the UK
    Is they any one on here who has a licence and willing to import some fish for me at a fee. Please leave coment or inbox me

2. afnaveils

afnaveils Goldfish breeder

3. Rabbit229

Rabbit229 Active Member

I got i price of them yesterday, I also got a price for importing a 15kg box of fish from Indonesia at £250 that's befor I buy the fish. Bloody expencive

4. GlassGoldfish

GlassGoldfish sculpting ranchu daily Staff Member

Yes, that sounds familiar....this spring it was $300 when I brought in a box from Thailand. I thought this was a great bargain because i didn't need to handle any of the permits or other fees involved. I don't really know whats involved for GB imports, but one idea is to fill the box with the max # of fish it will hold then you can probably recoup your import cost by selling some of the extras.

danarea likes this.
  5. Rabbit229

Rabbit229 Active Member

What are the prices like for the fish in Thailand or Indonesia

6. GlassGoldfish

GlassGoldfish sculpting ranchu daily Staff Member

Well, I only have experience with this one specific breeder in Thailand, but I feel safe saying that a whole range of prices could be available. It seems that most Thai are impeccable with their goldfish and operate at a very high level of skill, far beyond what the Chinese have been doing, in my opinion of course! I don't have any input about Indonesia, sorry. I can provide you with the name of an exporter in Thailand if you get that far along in the process, although Star probably has this information already.