Welcome to aurora.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the aurora community.

Looking for references on a good medicated pellet food

Discussion in 'Goldfish Clinic' started by Sbuggg13, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Sbuggg13

Sbuggg13 Active Member

Hey guys,
    I am looking for a good medicated pellet (preferably sinking) for my fish. I have been giving them salt baths, and feeding peas for three days to help their intestinal tract. I have medicated their tank and as an extra measure, I'd like to feed them medicated food to take care of anything internally. A quick background- My fish were bottom sitting.. and like I said in a previous post on this forum, their poop was long, bubbly and sometimes just a casing. Recently their poop has come out all white. It was not stringy and narrow, it was still bubbly and floaty. I gave all of them a salt bath, did a 100% water change on their tanks and also treated the tank with prazi-pro to help kill whatever may be in the tank. I am still feeding peas for today and will cycle off of those tomorrow incase it's a constipation/food problem. I would like to use the medicated food for a couple weeks to ensure I hit every option before I rule out going into harsher treatments. So far, my fish are extremely active and not bottom sitting anymore and their poop is slowly turning back to normal. I think I may have debunked the issue, but a preventative measure would make me feel better. I am looking for something that helps fight internal bacteria infections/parasites if anything like this is available please point me in the right direction :)
    thanks!

2. shakaho

shakaho Well-Known Member

3. Sbuggg13

Sbuggg13 Active Member

I went to that site but I didn’t see any pellets. Do they make medicated food in pellet form or only flakes? I really don’t like using flakes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. shakaho

shakaho Well-Known Member

There's nothing wrong with flakes. I know of several people who have used these successfully.

5. Sbuggg13

Sbuggg13 Active Member

I just personally feel as if they promote air gulping and when you soak them to make them sink the nutrients and in this case medication seep out. My fish are already having issues and I didn't want to add to that. I appreciate the help though :)