Welcome to aurora.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the aurora community.

Member Photo Albums

Discussion in 'Comments, Complaints or Suggestions' started by Fishheadz, May 11, 2015.

1. Fishheadz

Fishheadz Well-Known Member

I was just wondering if we were going to have member photo albums, like we had on the other site?

2. Milky

Milky Active Member

That's a nice idea! An album showcasing people's fish. Only issue I can foresee is if the site hosting has the space available if everyone starts uploading a lot of photos...

3. Fishheadz

ANY site hosting service should have more than ample room to store said images, however, they may charge extra for this, or it may be a 3rd party "add-on".

Previously (on the VBulletin software, before switching to Xenforo) Each member could upload images into album(s) within their user control panel. And Multiple albums were allowed.
    I am unaware if there was a "max cap" on the number of images any one given user could upload to their album, or if there was a "max cap" on the number of albums one could have.
    When a member accesses another members profile page, the other members album(s) were viewable, (towards the bottom right).

While I am aware that Fred (the admin here) has likely been busier than a bee, and likely neck deep in code, getting everything switched over to the new platform, this is a feature that I would certainly like to see return. However, if it's something that's just not feasibly possible, it's understandable.

4. small_ranchu

small_ranchu Admin Staff Member

It's done. Unfortunately I am not able to bring any pics from previous system to the new one..

Fishheadz likes this.
  5. Fishheadz

Is there going to be an option to upload directly from our PC, or is it going to be by URL only?
    *If its by URL only, I totally understand why.

6. small_ranchu

you can upload it from your PC. Please try it. It's available now.

Fishheadz likes this.
  7. Fishheadz

It does appear to be functioning. Although it seems that there is a 2MB cap on images(I understand why), anything larger it throws back an "error: File too large."
    I think the majority of members will be able to work within these parameters, as most will likely just use the URL link up.

Just wanted to let you know what I found.

8. small_ranchu

I believe 2MB is a good option. Hope to see a lot of album.. :)

Fishheadz, chocky and hay-z like this.
  9. chocky

chocky Well-Known Member

thanks fred :) really easy to use and upload photos
    runs sooo much better than the previous version haha

small_ranchu likes this.
  10. alorindanya12

alorindanya12 Active Member

I can only load one photo to my album. When I try to add a second, it says my photo image file is too large, but it is a smaller sized file than the first picture.

11. Fishheadz

Reduce the images size, file uploads must be less than 2 MB, if its larger than 2 MB it will not allow you to upload it.
    Alternatively use a photo hosting site ,like Photobucket. Upload your image there, then use the URL link from Photobucket to link it here.

12. alorindanya12

alorindanya12 Active Member

Sadly, I have a Chromebook and it has no internal storage, so I can only upload directly from my camera to a website.

13. Fishheadz

Then your best bet is to use a photo hosting site ,like Photobucket. Upload your image there, then use the URL link from Photobucket to link it here (in your album).

Another option would be to purchase either an 8GB,16GB,32GB,64GB,128GB,256GB USB Flash Drive,
    or an external Hard Drive, like a 2TB MyPassport.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2015