Welcome to aurora.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the aurora community.

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by GoldfishAdmin, Dec 10, 2008.

1. GoldfishAdmin

GoldfishAdmin Administrator Staff Member

Please welcome our moderator Ajno and Abbeh15 >:D<

2. Sabine

Sabine Active Member

Congrats to Ajno and Abby!

3. Jed

Jed Ranchu/Lionhead Queen

I totally forgot to congratulate Ajno, Abby and Shannon on their moderator positions. :gogirl: :gogirl: :gogirl: Do I hear a position for Sabine as well?

4. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

GreenTea and Danaca are being "uncivil" violating the code of conduct. Please instruct her to refrain from doing so. Below is a small bit of what I have collected. Much of it hateful diatribe, baseless and inflammatory.

GreenTea
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ranchumatt View Post
    Didn't sound to me like Glenn was trying to make a buck..........more like he was trying to be helpful.

Then you haven't seen his other post, also about fronting money for filters. Canister filters, when he is still using under gravel filters.

I'd be naturally suspicious of anyone who wants to pay for the costs of an entire forum they just joined... Especially when they need the money up front. Catch my drift?

I don't know what the costs of running this forum are, but I'd imagine that if the manager of this forum were going to lose it due to financial issues, those of us interested in seeing it continue would chip in.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by GreenTea; Today at 04:04 PM.

GreenTea
    I have to cringe at the use of "our" when you've been here for a month and there are people here who have dedicated their lives to goldfish and share what they can, when they can, for free, to anyone interested in learning

Danarea

Glenn,

Your offer makes it sound as though you feel there is something wrong with the setup of the site that you can fix...we all operate just fine with the way it is now. The vast majority of us newcomers take time to wander around the site and find the answers to our questions...not criticize the way it is set up. That is insulting to the kind and generous-with-their-time volunteers who maintain and moderate this site.

I believe it was Green Tea whom you accused of being elitist in one of her posts. Perhaps you should clean your own house before pointing out the flaws in someone else's.

Regardless of your knowledge or experience, there is no substitute for good manners and proper etiquette.

5. Ichthius

Ichthius Professional Breeder

Glenn you seem to be part of the problem, maybe you should look in the mirror was well.

PS this thread is over 6 years old and most of those on it no longer use this forum...

6. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Please explain to me how I am part of the problem? I am trying to understand. I violated no code of conduct.

I trust GreenTea's unwarranted attacks on my character and her incivility will stop?

I followed this thread in order to find a moderator. I didn't comment on anything in it. I was just looking for you.
    You were the first moderator under announcements.

BTW this post was not rhetorical. I am simply trying to understand how I part of the problem. I attacked no one's character. I followed no one around the forum to do so. I did not reply to GreenTea's taunts. I behaved in a civilized manor as per the usage agreement.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2014
  7. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

First moderator under announcments

You were the first moderator under announcements.

8. GreenTea

GreenTea Well-Known Member

I didn't realize that combating poor information and newcomers acting strangely, and asking for money was a baseless, hateful, diatribe. Please accept my sincere apology.