Welcome to aurora.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the aurora community.

My goldfish aquarium }<>:

Discussion in 'Goldfish Conversation' started by pritish1, Jan 27, 2016.

1. pritish1

pritish1 Active Member

Hi eveyone this is my goldfish aquarium.

This is how my setup used to look with substrate.

This video shows it after i removed the substrate and went bare bottom.

Diy painted blue and black also added sunsun hw-302 canister filter

Attached Files:

2. pritish1

pritish1 Active Member

Here are some closeup shots of my individual calico gold, redcap, comet, black moor

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 28, 2016
    LouiseAnn, Favian and Joshua's golds like this.
  3. MichaelWms62

MichaelWms62 Member

Nice fish, I like the bare bottom look better.

pritish1 likes this.
  4. pritish1

pritish1 Active Member

Thanks michael, i am also loving the bare bottom look but would love to add some potted plants.

5. pritish1

pritish1 Active Member

Here is the new video showing my pleco, catfish and goldfish swimming together in peace after dinner.

6. chocky

chocky Well-Known Member

umm
    please check your two calicos
    they don't look so happy? their fins are sort of clamping? (looks like it to me anyway )

7. pritish1

pritish1 Active Member

Hi chocky actually all my fish are a little bit stressed out right now as i have taken them out in small tank for around 9-10 hrs for painting my tank thats why they are looking like that but now they are recovering quite well.

8. pritish1

pritish1 Active Member

so as I have told you guys in my poll about my tank size and how I have been overstocking it for 14-15 years with doing 100% water changes once in 2-3 months time and how I got to know a month before joining here how one should keep 1 goldfish in 10 gallon of water. I never used water testing kits used to do water changes with well water so I would like to ask expert over here how my fish used to live so long in those conditions so down here are some of the photos taken by me in 22-05-2012 showing my aquarium and its fishes which are around 2-3 years old their used to be 2 more fishes in it which were shubumking golds which I gave away to my friend cause I was shifting. Now I have changed my habit and I do 50-60% water changes once a week.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Scifisarah

Scifisarah Well-Known Member

I would guess that you were good about not overfeeding, and you probably had some tough goldfish. My MIL does not have the best aquarium keeping habits, but her fish have lived 8 years despite high nitrate levels. They are not in very good shape right now, and quite small despite being that old. I had her switch to bare bottom tank and gave her some pellets and soilent green to feed them, but I'm not sure if they will recover.

10. GoldenMcNewbie

GoldenMcNewbie Well-Known Member

Glad to see improvement in the setup.

11. pritish1

pritish1 Active Member

Just dont know how they used to survive i dont have a photo of my 2-3 month dirty tank i used to clean it when i used to be unable to see inside it because of dirty water and algae on glass.
    Thanks goldenmcnewbie i am constantly learning some new things in these forum.

12. pritish1

pritish1 Active Member

Lost that small black moor in accident during regular water changes this sunday as it got sucked up in the hose :( this is the first time that such an accident happened with me.
    Went down to pet shop and bought this 2 new black moor that day itself.
    Removed the heater as summer is arriving and the temperature is rising stedily here and did 50% water change today.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. pritish1

pritish1 Active Member

Here is a small animation of my aquarium photos :)

[​IMG]

14. pritish1

pritish1 Active Member

Hi guys as you know i am overstocking quite alot by the standards of 10 gallons per fish rule
    (Currently i have 11 fishes i.e. a pair of calicos, black moor, redcap, comet, pangasius catfish and one pleco)
    so i am thinking about giving away 5 of my fishes which are comet, catfish and pleco and bring down my aquarium to six fishes only so what do you guys say.

Fishheadz and CaliGold like this.
  15. Scifisarah

I think that would be a good idea. I have a pleco and catfish in my 75 gallon and I plan on rehoming them soon so it is just goldfish. Can you get live plants where you are? I put these two Anubias plants in my bare bottom tank today, and they goldfish really seem to like swimming around them. They are attached to little rocks to weight them down, and can be easily moved if I need to clean around them.

Attached Files:

Karthik and pritish1 like this.
  16. pritish1

pritish1 Active Member

I also like the idea of planted or potted plant setup but whenever i kept plants with my goldies they muched it all, so i would enquire about anubias.

17. Scifisarah

The anubias species of plant have very tough leaves, so I think they will be alright.

18. pritish1

pritish1 Active Member

Ok will see if i can get them here.

19. pritish1

pritish1 Active Member

So today I donated my 5 fishes (a pair of gold black comet, pangasius catfish and one pleco) to the pet shop now I got only 6 fishes in my aquarium. My aquarium is looking quite empty now :( but I know its better for my remaining fishes. Before this I have never kept my aquarium with such a few fishes so lets hope for better future of this goldies. I was unable to find a suitable plant for them so will keep on searching.

Fishheadz likes this.
  20. pritish1

pritish1 Active Member

Here is the photo animation of my aquarium with 6 fishes after their dinner time

[​IMG]