Welcome to aurora.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the aurora community.

My two large Oranda's and one Blackmoor 7-8"

Discussion in 'Goldfish Judging' started by goldfinger, May 26, 2015.

1. goldfinger

goldfinger Member

Can't tell what are true lion heads anymore or Orandas some people seem to name them under the same headings? some might say butterflys as well?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. High Ranchu

High Ranchu Professional Breeder

nice fish and looks very healthy.
    You definitely have two orandas and one black moor. Lionhead is usually the name for a variety of side view ranchu.

3. goldfinger

goldfinger Member

Thank you Sasha
    I have a baby Ranchu in black also I,m not sure about the white Oranda as he is about 7" but has no wen head?
    I would have said it looked more like a fantail but his tail looks like a Oranda?
    The other one I think is a calico Oranda?
    The gold and black is definitly a fantail, but his hump is getting more higher.
    My collection is nearly there just a Lionranchu and a Ryukin I'm still waiting for.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Fishheadz likes this.
  4. High Ranchu

I think your second batch of photos can be identified as follows:

black ranchu
    ryukin type (black and orange, but will turn all orange at some point)
    fantail type (white)
    fantail type (calico)

These fish are very nice pets and you keep them well, but some of them are of doubtful pedigree, more like "goldfish mutts". Like dogs, we love them as much! Though, your black ranchu looks very nice!

5. goldfinger

goldfinger Member

Cool Sasha thanks for the info, much appreciated!
    You are right most of my goldfishes are randomly bought and if the family likes them.
    I try to look after them the best I can as I proberly do about 1000 litre water changes every week, and based upon how they are moving and looking?
    I have two more goldfish bellow which I was a bit upset about the Redcap as it looks like a fantail as I bought him as a fry he still has no wen on his head at all?
    I bought the gold fantail to his shiny gold brown colour and reckon his tail will be grand after another year.
    I have a pearlscale fry but thats a constant battle to keep him swimming eats well enough but has bladder issues.
    Lost a Ruykin to dropsy and a Chocolate perscale, Both rescued goldfish (too late to save them I guess)?
    One question my ranchu has a joined rear fin and swims okay, but if it was slit proberly would swim better is this okay?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. High Ranchu

Glad you clearing things up.
    Answering your question about ranchu. What do you mean by rear fin? Tail or anal fin (right under the tail). Anal fin can be double to single, both are fine.

7. goldfinger

goldfinger Member

Tail Sasha he has one whole tail usually they have a split? The anal fin is two pieces normal I would say.
    He swims like a mermaid LOL!

8. High Ranchu

No split in the tail is allowed in TVR (top view ranchu), pretty sure it is the same case with SVR (side view ranchu). Since you have pet fish, no worries, especially if he swims well. Enjoy your goldfish