Welcome to aurora.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the aurora community.

Not for Purists, but...

Discussion in 'Goldfish Breeds' started by Ranchutoo, Feb 24, 2015.

1. Erin80

Erin80 Active Member

I just added new lighting to my tank recently, so I am hoping that will help with the color changing process. The picture I posted is from a couple weeks ago, he has much more black in all his fins and now the white-ish freckling is now covering almost his entire head/mouth area. He also seems to have chocolate coloring taking over his entire dorsal muscle area, it's kinda hard to explain in words, but is for sure not the same as the "wild" color his entire body is showing in my picture. Exciting to watch the changes!

2. Chi

Chi Active Member

Unfortunately, that black will not stick on your fantail. It will be temporary, but enjoy it as black is very pretty on a fish.

3. txtstorm

txtstorm Active Member

I'm very new to the hobby, but I am definitely in the I-just-wanna-see-what-happens camp. Maybe eventually I'll get into line breeding, but I love experiments and don't care about selling or showing.

4. Erin80

Erin80 Active Member

I was in the same place as you when I first started out. I bought two fish as entertainment, not knowing whether they were male or female. I ended up with one of each, now they won't stop mating! The constant egg laying makes for extra cleaning every week but the few eggs that I did keep and hatch are awesome to watch as they develop and grow.

5. Big Red

Big Red Well-Known Member

I am currently working on a line of calico lionheads. Why? Because good specimens are rare, so I figured I'll make my own :)