Welcome to aurora.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the aurora community.

Picky Eater?

Discussion in 'Goldfish Food' started by Mirage, Sep 20, 2015.

?

Are your fish picky?

1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  3. A few of them

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  1. Mirage

Mirage New Member

I'm still relatively new to Goldies, having only gotten my baby 3 months ago, but I've noticed he's picky when it comes to veggies. He's no fan of peas, lettuce or spinach but will readily take cucumber. Aside from that I've been feeding New Life Spectrum pellets, Hikari Oranda and freeze dried blood worms.

Anyone else have fish that seem particular to what veggies they will consume?

2. Silverphish

Silverphish Active Member

I have one goldfish that has swim bladder problems but refuses peas or any other fresh veggie, won't eat the soaked new life spectrum, and only half-hearted liked the algae sheets. Since I switched to repashy soilent green, no problems and even the picky eater chows down happily. Oddly, she does like oranges :)

3. Mirage

Mirage New Member

I'm glad it's not just me then! I did a lot of reading before I decided to get my fish and all of it said they'd eat whatever would fit in their mouths so I was kind of surprised to have so many things flat out refused.

4. GoldenMcNewbie

GoldenMcNewbie Well-Known Member

My moor never ate peas, but now she eats them as she gets older. They just gotta adjust to new foods like people.