About a week after I joined this forum, my Celestial goldfish went missing from my tank. She had been battling an illness of some kind so after looking inside my pleco's cavernous tree-stump (where my Celestial liked to sit just below), I just assumed she'd passed and had been found floating at the top of the tank by one of my cats. As the tank water had been medicated, I watched my cats for any signs of illness and when none came about, I figured we were out of the woods. I was saddened by the loss of my Celestial, but accepted that the tank was overstocked as it was and that I should be grateful the other fish hadn't gotten ill as well. Fast forward to about 4 days ago, I realized my bristlenose pleco was looking rather bloated. A friend and LFS co-owner, advised that she had probably just eaten a large meal. I told her I wasn't really sure what she would have eaten as I don't add algae tablets to the water for her and she pretty well lives in this stump. Concerned that maybe my Celestial had been overlooked inside this stump, I flipped it upside down, shook it around a bit in the water, and then pulled it out of the tank entirely and set it aside in an empty 5 gallon fish tank for over an hour while I did a 50% water change to begin medicating the tank for potential parasites. I put the stump back into the main tank after I was done the water change, and began a round of prazi in an attempt to save my pleco. Last night, my pleco was out of her stump and looked as though she was really beginning to pinecone. Assuming she had dropsy, and in an effort to save my remaining fish, I decided to quarantine the pleco in that 5 gallon tank and continue medicating with prazi. I took the stump out of the water again, and this time gently shook it around to encourage my pleco to abandon her hide. When that didn't work, I put it in the water again, flipped it upside down, and pulled it out, all the while - gently shaking this stump. Wouldn't you know it, my presumed dead, for over 2 weeks, Celestial flopped out of the stump and landed in the water along with the pleco. I was utterly shocked. Flounder, as she is known, is looking rough. I quarantined her in a fry basket within the 5 gallon with the pleco. They have an air stone and I'll be picking up a sponge filter this week. Her fins are a bit ratty looking, her breathing is a bit rapid, she has ammonia burn on her eyes (presumably from an ammonia spike within the stump - stump has since been permanently removed).... But she's eating, she's swimming fairly well, and although she is bottom sitting with clamped fins.... I'm expecting that she may pull through. I intend to make this thread the "follow along" for her progress as well as my pleco's (her names Bissel).