Welcome to aurora.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the aurora community.

sharing my oranda grow out

Discussion in 'New Members' Area' started by El Djago, May 16, 2017.

1. El Djago

El Djago Member

2.5-5.1.jpg

DarkSeas and nygold like this.
  2. Breann Thurman

Breann Thurman Active Member

Such fast growth! I have a itty bitty fantail I have been trying to grow out. He was a rescue from petco and was maybe a inch in total length. Now hes about 3 inches including tail. Hes slowly filling out as well.

3. El Djago

El Djago Member

fast growth comes with a catch, as in my case, developed not to best form, belly too big, caudal fins not developed (considering the parents are of very broad tailed), thin peduncle, all due to my set up - not much space to swim.. now it has gone heads down and undergoing white poop treatment..

you can see difference if fish is moved to better environment, it will definitely thrive.. some are horrified to see overstocked tanks at petshops, sick fishes untreated, i understand and know how difficult it is to maintain a petshop.. first thing fish needs is space - fish shops doesn't have this, treating a sick fish needs resources, time, effort.. some just send them back to the fish supplier..

4. Breann Thurman

Breann Thurman Active Member

yeah I usually find the ones that come from big game pet store grow alot slower. I also have a fish that I raised myself that took off in growth. I tend to keep my goldies in cooler water so i know that also contributes to it as well. I have a pretty solid water change schedule and the tank I have my little fantail in is overstocked by one fish ( That fish will be my boyfriends fish here soon) So I change water on that tank like a maniac

El Djago likes this.