Welcome to aurora.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the aurora community.
  1. Guest
    Friendly note from GFK. Please review this beginner guide for your fish.

Side growth on goldfish?

Discussion in 'All Questions from Newbies' started by kookieamaren, Dec 27, 2017.

1. kookieamaren

kookieamaren New Member

Hi guys! This is my first time posting here and I'm very nervous for my fish... Here's some info:
    * Ammonia Level(Tank) 0

* * Nitrite Level(Tank)0

* * Nitrate level(Tank)20

* * Ph Level, Tank (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) normal range

* Other Required Info:

* * Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops? API test kit

* * Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running? 55 gal, 4 years?

* * What is the name and "size of the filter"(s)? 1- marineland 2-55/75 aqeuon

* * How often do you change the water and how much? Once a week, ~90%

* * How many days ago was the last water change and how much did you change? Two days, 90%

* * How many fish in the tank and their size? 2 large

* * What kind of water additives or conditioners? Prime

* * What do you feed your fish and how often? Flakes, once a day

* * Any new fish added to the tank? Yes, but it was a fish being quarantined bc he was sick, now I added him back to the main tank

* * List entire medication/treatment history for fish and tank.Please include salt, Prazi, PP, etc and the approximate time and duration of treatment. Nothing as of the last 3 years or so

* * Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus? Bloody streaks, one red growth on top of head, one really big growth on the side of the body, has been growing for three months, kinda popping out and white (tumor????)

* * Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.? Eating very well and always asks for food, but sometimes sitting at the bottom but not often

I was gone on vacation for two months and gave him to my friend in a 20 gallon tank (back when the other fish was quarantined), but kept the same filters and he was prompt w the water changes and feeding schedule, but he just noticed the bump growing. The bump looks white on the top. Is it contagious and should I quarantine him?

2. kookieamaren

kookieamaren New Member

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Justintime

Justintime Active Member

I would qt him for sure lots of water changes n aquarium salt is what I would try but I’m no expert good luck

kookieamaren likes this.
  4. joe

joe Well-Known Member

looks like a tumor, not necessary to isolate or qt as these rarely contagious. Is the bumpy area hard of soft. Just make sure the other fish do not pick at it. It sounds like you are doing everything very well regarding your water conditions

5. Justintime

Justintime Active Member

I have an oranda with some huge lumps on him n I’m pretty sure they aren’t going away but at first they had a cotton like fungus or bacteria on them that was a year ago now it’s just the lumps n I don’t think he even notices they’re there

kookieamaren likes this.
  6. kookieamaren

kookieamaren New Member

I just felt it and it feels like very soft cauliflower. How do I know if it’s cancerous or benign? The other fish doesn’t pick on it they get along fairly well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk