Welcome to aurora.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the aurora community.

Southern delight goldfish

Discussion in 'Goldfish Food' started by SandyBottom, Feb 13, 2018.

1. SandyBottom

SandyBottom Well-Known Member

Anyone use this food? I appreciate any reviews on it.

2. orangecrush

orangecrush Well-Known Member

I haven't used it but I just read the reviews. Something that concerned me was the food is designed for half to be sinking and half to be floating. However as we all know, our short bodied Fancies need a sinking pellet, a totally sinking pellet. On the plus side, the food is supposed to hold up a long time in water without falling apart. If you're buying this to feed to your pond Koi and Single Tailed Goldfish, then I say go for it, other wise no.

Good luck and happy fishkeeping, Jim.

3. shakaho

shakaho Well-Known Member

My fancies, like virtually all pond fish, eat nothing but floating pellets. I've calculated the percentage that have become floaty -- 0%. I haven't counted recently, but I have at least 50 fancies, ranging in age from 1 to 7 years. I wonder if anyone has similar data on fancies fed sinking food.

4. calicomj

calicomj Well-Known Member

Test the data with 50+ Orandas, Pearlscales, Telescope, or Ryukins (more along the lines of what most people here keep rather than fairly long bodied fantails), and I'm SURE the results will come up much different.

orangecrush likes this.
  5. orangecrush

When it comes to Goldfish pellets, 99% of all Fancy Goldfish keepers recommend feeding a good quality sinking pellet.

Jim.

6. SandyBottom

SandyBottom Well-Known Member

I appreciate the advice. I had one oranda that got floaty even on repashy. Some fish just have that problem. I am not concerned with the fish I have right now though. I have a common, a shubunkin and a ranchu that has never been floaty. I usually soak my food briefly in tank water anyway. Just thought I'd give it a try. Looks to be an ok food. May just go with omega one. I'm sure I would have to order either one. We don't have the best food around here. They no longer carry the nls goldfish food I was using. The next best thing the have around here is fluval bug bites and omega one flakes. Everything else is wardley and tetra.

7. orangecrush

If you order OmegaOne, go with the small pellets as the large fall apart during even the shortest periods of soaking and foul the water.

Good luck and happy fishkeeping, Jim.