Welcome to aurora.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the aurora community.
  1. Guest
    Friendly note from GFK. Please review this beginner guide for your fish.

Species identification and food feeding

Discussion in 'All Questions from Newbies' started by Eugene, Jan 5, 2018.

1. Eugene

Eugene New Member

Greetings to all the experts,

I’ve recently bought a pair of goldfishes 2 weeks ago and I’ve been trying to identify their species. Im a beginner as a fish hobbyists and I will like to ask for some help.
    The first pic is an appreciation picture of them hiding in a cave which I bought from the aquarium stall.
    The second pic is the picture of the goldfish. Both of them are of the same breed but Im not too sure what is it.
    The third pic is the size of my pellet which I’m feeding them with. I feed 2 times a day 4 pellets for each of the gold fish. Sometimes, 3 times a day I break it into 2 in the morning, 2 in the afternoon and 4 at night. I’ve recently bought hikari frozen BW and i do not know how often I will feed them. Ive gauge approximately 1/4 of a cube per feeding because theres actually quite alot of worms after defrosting. I’ll like to ask for some opinions on this feeding diet.

I’m looking forward to your replies.
    With many thanks,
    Eugene

Attached Files:

2. calicomj

calicomj Well-Known Member

They're Orandas. Like this dude. You can feed them those foods. As long as you feed small amounts each time, vary their diet, and change water often, they should do fine.

Attached Files:

3. Eugene

Eugene New Member

Woah, I see, thanks! Im changing the water once per week. Isit enough or should there be more often water change? I’m looking for seaweed clips to clip some leafy vegetables but couldnt find it at quite a few LFS

4. calicomj

calicomj Well-Known Member

Try Amazon or an online retailer for the clips. I couldn't find them at stores either. And 50% once per week is adequate ONLY if you've got about 75 liters/20 gallons PER goldfish.