Welcome to aurora.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the aurora community.

Steamed Eggs

Discussion in 'Goldfish Food' started by Cincy Ranchu, Apr 7, 2017.

1. Cincy Ranchu

Cincy Ranchu Professional Breeder

2. Moose1414

Moose1414 Active Member

Can't wait to give it a try, got fry at 1 week on the baby brine shrimp... 1 week to go and I'm jumping in.

3. *Ci*

*Ci* Goldie Guru

I'm going to cook some up this weekend as well. My fry are 6 weeks old and on gel food. This will give them some good variety!
    However, in my area, dried or frozen bloodworms are very expensive. I'm going to try canned sardines added to the batch instead.

4. *Ci*

*Ci* Goldie Guru

Ok, I tried the recipe but let me ask ... why so much water? It seems like a lot and if you added less, and then fed less overall it would be more concentrated but the same amount of nutrient. Also, why steam? I can microwave egg mixtures like this with far less fuss and get the same consistency (or better). But maybe there are some good reasons?
    The fish like the food (I added some kelp powder) and so do I, just looking for some shortcuts.

5. *Ci*

*Ci* Goldie Guru

So, I tried one egg beaten with about tablespoon of water and a teaspoon of powdered Golden Pearls food. Microwave for 30 se., stirred and then 30 more. Nice and firm - held together underwater and the fry devoured it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

KittyPage1345 likes this.
  6. KittyPage1345

KittyPage1345 Member

I thought of that when I get Goldfish fry :) Is another brand of goldfish food powdered that I can use such as Saki-Hikari products?

7. richie tonmoy

richie tonmoy New Member

8. Cincy Ranchu

Cincy Ranchu Professional Breeder

Also in the Thegoldfishcouncil.org blogs by me