Welcome to aurora.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the aurora community.
  1. Guest
    Friendly note from GFK. Please review this beginner guide for your fish.

Thinking of using repashy

Discussion in 'All Questions from Newbies' started by Pepeperon, Jan 1, 2018.

1. Pepeperon

Pepeperon Active Member

First of all Happy new year!

I am back from my vacation and glad to see all my fish in my main tank to be just fine.

Question I have before getting repashy is: is it difficult to feed gel food if your fish are different in size? I have this big guy who eats very quickly and have 2 very small ones in the same tank. Would this create a problem?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Hiccup

Hiccup Well-Known Member

No, Repashy is super easy to prep and feed (I like to freeze big batches, really cuts down the amount of work!). For the difference in fish size, I sometimes have that issue too ......where the "greedy" fish gets more food than the smaller individuals. What I found to work is to cut the gel into small enough pieces that it takes the bigger fish longer to "handle" the food before eating it.......my little fish was pretty zippy though, so he was able to snag enough food before the big one got all....hope that helps :)

3. Pepeperon

Pepeperon Active Member

Another thing I wanted to ask is how long this food lasts. The cheapest I can find for the small size is close to 30CAD. I need to feed 10 fish. Would this last me over a month?

4. Cheyenne B.

Cheyenne B. Well-Known Member

I buy the 12 ounce jar for $20 USD. I'm feeding 15+ fish and it lasts me about 6 weeks, feeding it once a day and pellets once per day.

5. Pepeperon

Pepeperon Active Member

Is repashy a good enough diet to be the only food I give them? Or should I add pellets like u do?

6. Cheyenne B.

Cheyenne B. Well-Known Member

Repashy is excellent. You can feed it alone, if you want. I would also add some bloodworms or fresh veggies every once in awhile. My fish are fed a combo of Jappies Fish Food and Repashy. To my knowledge, Jappies is only available in the US and Canada, so I don't think you'd be able to get it in Japan, unless someone bought it and sent it to you.

I just like to give my fish a variety and I also see better growth with using both. Also, if I fed Repashy twice per day, I'd be broke with all these fish. LOL

7. calicomj

calicomj Well-Known Member

I love Repashy. I can't feed it exclusively. I have almost 40 fish. I wouldn't be able to feed myself! It's good stuff though. I haven't had any disease all year and most of my fish, even the small ones, are enduring the harsh winter just fine so far.