Welcome to aurora.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the aurora community.
  1. Guest
    Friendly note from GFK. Please review this beginner guide for your fish.

Thoughts on microbe lift

Discussion in 'All Questions from Newbies' started by Justintime, Oct 5, 2017.

1. Justintime

Justintime Active Member

i have a few of their products and I use them as instructed but I haven't used them much and I'm not sure how well they are working I started using the microbe-lift xtream after water changes to add buffers to the water, I have too buy water my tap water is unsafe, and even tho I read good things about them I'd like to hear some real opinions

2. shakaho

shakaho Well-Known Member

IMO, most of the Microbe Lift products are pure snake oil, based on the idea that if you have dirty water, add something to it. Can you get any sillier than this? Wouldn't it make more sense to change the water in your goldfish bowl or maybe even move the fish to a suitable tank?

I have used their koi clay, which is OK, but the claims they make for it are ridiculous.

3. Justintime

Justintime Active Member

You know just getting into hobby and it does sound like a lot to swallow I bought the x tream because the lfs sold out of prime

4. shakaho

shakaho Well-Known Member

Don't you have a Petsmart or Petco you can go to? They carry Prime. I just looked up xtreme and it is not a substitute for Prime. Electrolytes, buffers, and "we won't tell you" don't sound effective to me.

5. Justintime

Justintime Active Member

Yea we have both those storesyep sure do but both were out of stock I live in the sticks so places army so fast to restock things after they sell out but petco said Thursday they should have prime , any body else have any experience with their products?

6. Justintime

Justintime Active Member

Sorry for got to get back to you last Friday I got prime and stability thanks