Welcome to aurora.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the aurora community.

Titan Eze Metal Double Stands?

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by Cheyenne B., Jun 20, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Carolina

Carolina Active Member

technically you should be fine... you could put some storage on the bottom if it makes you feel better. i just knew i would get more tanks and didn't want to break down everything to put the second one in. mine have been great! look ok and are sturdy. the only downside is i look at the lower one less, have to sit on the floor to get a side view. but i am super happy with it!

Cheyenne B. likes this.
  2. orangecrush

orangecrush Well-Known Member

Put it on the bottom, otherwise it will be too top heavy. Plus when you do get your second tank, you won't have to break everything down to add the new tank.

Good luck and happy fishkeeping, Jim.

3. AquaticIshy

AquaticIshy Member

How sturdy are these? The biggest concern with the Titan EZ stands is the wobbliness on them. I had the 40B but returned it to drs. Foster and Smith. I would not trust their stands unless it's braced to a wall. So I am considering these from Home Depot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Cheyenne B.

Cheyenne B. Well-Known Member

I didn't get them, I got the ones from Lowes (same as Home Depot) and I haven't had any issues. Very sturdy, each shelf holds 800 pounds.

5. AquaticIshy

AquaticIshy Member

I am leaning toward these as well. I was a bit contened these has to be braced to a wall, but seems like it doesn't. I've seen plenty of favorable reviews on YouTube.

6. Cheyenne B.

Cheyenne B. Well-Known Member

Mine aren't braced and are very stable :) I added up the amount of weight in each tank and right now, my tanks are about 400 pounds each.

7. orangecrush

orangecrush Well-Known Member

I'm not familiar with the Titan Ez, however my Edsel shelf unit is very strong and stable. Just make sure you have everything put together correctly and that it is level and you shouldn't have any problems. If you're still concerned, you can most certainly secure the shelf to a wall if desired.

Good luck and happy fishkeeping, Jim.

Attached Files:

8. AquaticIshy

AquaticIshy Member

I should be receiving mine by tomorrow. I'm actually very excited about it. The rep at drs. Foster and Smith didn't even request the stand to be sent back. I'm assuming it's because of the constant complaints they've had. I've put it back in the box and placed it curbside for someone to take it if they wanted it.

orangecrush likes this.