Welcome to aurora.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the aurora community.

Waiting patiently for my delivery from Water Pigs USA

Discussion in 'Goldfish Conversation' started by Sbuggg13, Nov 29, 2017.

1. Sbuggg13

Sbuggg13 Active Member

so last week I ordered two young butterflies from Josh at water pigs USA! I am so excited about it. I was getting kind of down for the past few weeks because I wasn't having any luck finding some beautiful butterfly babies. Then I watched Jennie's video when she went to visit water pigs USA and found out that Josh was getting rid of some calico's. I also saw that he had a few babies that spawned from I believe May that he said he was planning on selling. I decided to message him through IG and I was ecstatic when he sent over the video of the babies for me to chose from. Unfortunately it was Monday and being thanksgiving week and the fact that I live in a cold area this time of year, we held off until this week. They were shipped on Monday and since i've been checking USPS (LITERALLY EVERY HOUR), it seems they will most likely be here tomorrow. I have my quarantine tub all set up for them and I can't wait to post some pictures when they arrive. These fish will be groomed and added to my future breeders so I can get my BT breeding business off the ground.

Here's to new babies!

calicomj likes this.
  2. calicomj

calicomj Well-Known Member

Joshua is such a nice guy. His fish are nice too. I remember when he first started. This was right around when I first started. He LEAPT ahead of me. He really takes the hobby seriously and I'm sure the fish will do great with you.

Sbuggg13 likes this.
  3. orangecrush

orangecrush Well-Known Member

Congrats, Josh has some of the best Telescopes in the U.S.

Good luck and happy fishkeeping, Jim.

magdela and Sbuggg13 like this.
  4. Sbuggg13

Sbuggg13 Active Member

Thanks Jim!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Sbuggg13

Sbuggg13 Active Member

I sure hope so! I am soo excited to groom them to their full potential:)

calicomj likes this.
  6. Sbuggg13

Sbuggg13 Active Member

So I figured i'd give an update on the baby BT's from Josh. Well I ordered these fish last Monday, they were shipped 2-3 day through USPS. The shipping was delayed and I didn't receive them until yesterday...7 days! This is in no way Josh's fault and I put no blame on anyone for this, he was consistent throughout this entire process and offered guidance and advice and he truly was just as worried as I was. He was great throughout this entire process and I really appreciated that. I think USPS is not the best at delivering on time, so I think next time I will order through FedEx or UPS. I have been worried sick the past 7 days, "will they be alive by then? Will they have gotten sick? Will I have to put them out of their misery?!" Fast forward to yesterday and the post office lady called me and let me know that my fish were here, it was 7:30 in the morning and the post office doesn't open until 8 but she allowed my fiance to pick them up for me before hours-which I was very appreciative for. I gavve my fiance step by step instructions on how to take them out and acclimate them/transfer them. He said they were fine! He sent me a video and we face timed-I was at work doing a 10 hour day. As soon as I got out I rushed home to see them myself. In their tub they were surprisingly very active. I told my fiance to hold off feeding and I would do it when i got home. Normally I would fast for a day or so but considering the conditions I fed them some rapashy gel food. They devoured it, they were so hungry and I felt so bad but I was happy to give them fresh, clean, warm water and fill their tummy's. I treated the tank with Dr. Tim's to help reduce their stress, help their slime coat and improve their immune system. I also gave a small dosage of salt as I didn't want to over do it. In a few hours they were exhibiting chasing behavior which I was very surprised at. So in short, I am happy relieved and astounded at the resilience of Josh's fish and would recommend them to anyone. I actually didn't take any photos last night, so I will be updating with pictures soon :)

On a side note... The Dandy Orandas auctions have returned! All rejoice!
    But seriously though, I think I have been without the auctions (even just to browse) for too long. So I may have went a little crazy. I ended up purchasing three fish. One is a a beautiful young chocolate/lavender BT (the tail could be better spread) but I'm planning on adding him to the breeders once qt is over, hoping to breed him with another who has a better quality tail. The second is a beautiful calico BT. I am so excited for this one! I have been searching for a calico to add variety to my stock for so long and have been holding out for Dandy to come back and I saw him and just had to get him. The last is a tri colored BT, and although he's not that much of a looker, I can see his chocolate is starting to recede, which I believe is going to turn orange/red. So I believe once he does make his transition he will look similar to maybe Clyde that Jennie from solid gold had. I was absolutely in love with that fish. And if not well, he's still a good looking fish in my opinion.

So anywho, that's where i'm at currently. I am getting my shipment from Dandy tomorrow and I am so excited! I will post pictures below of the Dandy fish I bought and will keep updates throughout this process. I am thinking of starting a blog or youtube channel for my start to finish process of receiving my final sets of breeders to breeding to raising fry and eventually selling. Not sure what direction to go towards though... that's a story for a later time lol.
    See you all soon :)

7. Sbuggg13

Sbuggg13 Active Member

Here are Dandy's fish.

Attached Files:

8. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Congrats on the fish. I thought Ken's auction of butterflys was on his best. I loved those red and white butterflys, they went so fast could not bid. Please update us on your progress

9. Hunter

Hunter Active Member

Quite a lovely looking pattern I do hope we get to see more of this one soon!!!

10. BPP

BPP Active Member

I was drooling over those fish from Dandy! I am hoping to get a BT in the next few months. All of your fish are beautiful!! Congrats!!

11. Sbuggg13

Sbuggg13 Active Member

Thank you! I am so excited!