Welcome to aurora.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the aurora community.

Would love to see Bubble eyes

Discussion in 'Goldfish Breeds' started by Fisharefriends, Sep 13, 2015.

1. Fisharefriends

Fisharefriends Member

I would absolutely love to see pictures of your bubble eye goldfish. I don't have any and won't for a while. But I am researching them and the more I do the more I fall in love! I know they're not for beginners though so for now pretty pictures would help my obsession!

On top of that if any of you would like to add in advice, tips, or thoughts I would love to hear what everyone has to say.

maileen22092 likes this.
  2. joe

joe Well-Known Member

bubble eyes are very hardy providing that you set them up in a tank that does not have any objects that they can rupture their bubbles such as sharp rocks, plastic plants etc. You have to be careful with the filter as they can caught those long tubes that hang down from power filters. I would use a sponge filter with them. Lastly keep them with just bubble eyes, celestials or dragon eyes (demekins) do no mix with other goldfish that may be too aggressive for them

Fisharefriends likes this.
  3. Jackie's Goldfish

Jackie's Goldfish Active Member

I have three bubble eyes that I purchased 3 weeks ago. One happened to have a dorsal fin but I think they look better with it. I agree with Joe, although I have been keeping my bubbles eyes with fantail, oranda, and ryukin fry roughly the same age in a 70 gal with three sponge filters with no problem yet.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 13, 2015
    maileen22092 and Fisharefriends like this.
  4. Fisharefriends

Fisharefriends Member

Thank you so much for the reply. I am hoping to get two of them maybe sometime this winter. I have to wait until I can house them properly. As for decor I was thinking no decorations (maybe live plants IF that's okay, need to research that) and then instead of substrate use those smooth gem type rocks to be EXTRA careful. Or would that be a no no?

5. Fisharefriends

Fisharefriends Member

Wow, your little guys are absolutely adorable! I'm super jealous!! Do you have any substrate in their tank? I was thinking of using those large gems that are smooth with no points because I just want to be extra careful. And do you know about live plants? Thank you so much for the reply!

6. Fisharefriends

Fisharefriends Member

Also are there any LEGIT breeders who ship? Thanks!

7. Jackie's Goldfish

Jackie's Goldfish Active Member

Thank you, I have the tank bare bottom so it's easy to clean and I can guarantee myself that the bubble eyes can't injure themselves. As for the gems I think there fine since there round but because there large, if you place them together you get spaces around the gems that the bubbles eye might get stuck in or just space out the gems to be sure they can't get stuck in between the gems. As for plants I've only kept pond plants like water hyacinth and other pond plants with goldfish, if you mean aquarium plant then probably get something that have soft leaves and nothing prickly

8. bkrhodesva

bkrhodesva Professional Breeder

FISHAREFRIEDS,
    Come to the fish show Oct 3rd I have atleast one I can give you

*Ci* likes this.
  9. joe

joe Well-Known Member

I would go with no substrate at all and use live plants like java fern. You can the java fern to a smooth rock. As far as breeders go I do not know of any but there are vendors such as dandy orandas that have them all of the time

10. maileen22092

maileen22092 Maileen

These guys are so stinkin' cute!

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk